Saturday, February 28, 2009

Melville Intermediate - Swimming Sports

On Tuesday 23rd of February 2009 Melville Intermediate held their School Swimming sports to select our school team for the Inter-Interzone competition on Monday in Cambridge. We had a film crew there who filmed the event, and also added a little impromptu commentary during some of the events! Presented and filmed by Bailey at the University of Waikato Swimming Pools. This is our first major event online in video form for 2009. We're going to be reviewing this in class next week so if you'd like to give us feedback that we could include in the class discussion then please leave a comment.

6 comments:

  1. That was good for the first attempt ( if that's correct). There is a bit of background noise. I am not sure if you want it like that. If you do then its OK. Otherwise, there is a way to get round that.

    From,
    Mrs She Pt England School, Auckland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room 8
    I did enjoy watching your swimming video - I must admit that it was nostalgia that drew me to watch it in the first place. Back in the day I swam many, many lengths of that pool both training and when I was going for my advanced swimming instructors certificate. It has always been one of my favourite pools.
    Good luck for the Interzone competition!
    Mrs Burt
    PS You asked for feedback; The live voice over was a great idea. Made it so much more interesting. The zooming....well...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys,
    I have to agree with Mrs She and Mrs Burt, but a great first effort! It will be interesting to compare your end of year efforts to your first. It's a fantastic way of combining oral language skills with info tech studies. I wonder how many camera persons and news readers this school will produce in the next 10 years? Good on you all for being open to constructive critisism. Well done everyone. Who won the races? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I agree, voice over is great!
    So are the swimming skills! (I'm also having nostalgia fits...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The swimmers were impressive! I think you will see that zooming in and out of the action is very hard to do well. It is also very hard to hold the camera steady during action shots. I think that it was a good effort, keep it up!
    Mr. C

    ReplyDelete