Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Melville Intermediate - Mihi Format


A Mihi is a Maori introduction or greeting, this is part of our unit of work involving getting to know one another and ourselves. The list below is of the Mihi criteria that students at Melville Intermediate in Year Seven need to learn. We will be producing additional material to go with this over the next few days.

ko Te maunga [................................. is my mountain]
ko Te awa [.................................is my river]
ko Te iwi [.................................is my tribe]
ko Te marae [ ............................. is my marae]
ko Te kura [ ................................ is my school ]
ko Te tumuaki [ ..............................is my principal ]
ko Te kaiako [....................... is my teacher]
ko Taku Ingoa [................. my name is]

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great idea to post this. This is such a useful post i will most definately share this with my class. We have just had our school powhiri so you should come and check out our post on what a powhiri is. Well done on all your hard work .... keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss F for this comment and we'll look forward to work from Morrinsville Intermediate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Maori words...

    I see you have learnt alot of Maori words.
    We are gone pratise some Maori words from now on.

    Room6

    ReplyDelete