Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Melville Intermediate - Jamies Holiday Recount


Believe!
The room rolled with laughter as my favourite part of the movie came on. It was Sandman, he can’t talk and he couldn’t get anyone’s attention so he picked up one of the elves and shook him until they noticed him. The elves had a Christmas tree suit on that had a bell at the top of the outfit made everyone one look at him because he had an idea anyway….
On the twenty third of January nana, Kylie and I went to go see the rise of the guardians, At event cinemas. We had just got in the cinemas and Kylie asked nana “Can we eat the lollies yet?” Nana said ok but don’t eat them all at once! The movie had begun.

There were 7 main characters and there were all brave, cheerful, k8nd surprizing but most of all fun at all times…. Well at least most of them were. Just one character was evil I tell you EVIL!!!!!!!!! His name is PITCH BLACK….. Well the nice characters names were Santa, Sandman, Tooth fairy, Easter bunny, Jack Frost But most important Jamie. Pitch Black was mean, evil, rude and PITCH BLACK!

The story is about believing and…….. The Guardians! The Guardians are on a quest to save the world pretty much. The moon talks to them and tell them things like what they need to fix and how to make things better. The moon told Santa; wait no this is where my favourite part came in, Sandman remembered that the moon could help them… This is where I tell you that Kylie fell off her seat and I laughed really loud and the whole cinema looked at me. Well there was some popcorn on the ground but I mean that doesn’t matter that much.
The rise of the guardians is an awesome movie I would love to tell you more about it but I cant because otherwise I wouldn’t be writing a recount……..

After the movie we had M.C. Donald’s for lunch and we went to go get an ice cream when I tripped over a chair and laughed loud…..AGAIN…..Can you guess what happened…. I you guessed that the whole food court looked at me well your wrong the whole shopping centre looked at me…. So that was a bit embarrassing but I guess that doesn’t matter at least I had fun!

I had the best time of my life!

4 comments:

  1. You'll have to 'Believe!' me Jamie, I found a lot to admire in your post.

    You had a great title; upbeat and positive!

    I like the way your post started:

    "The room rolled with laughter as my favourite part of the movie came on."

    I liked this because you didn't start at the beginning of the story, but somewhere in the middle and yet your story made sense.

    Great used of a verb there too: 'The audience rolled with laughter'. It paints a picture.

    Good use of adjectives: 'brave, cheerful, kind surprising'.

    A good contrast in your post when talking about the villain: 'Pitch Black'. Describing him as 'mean, evil, rude and pitch black!' is a good pen picture.

    A good plot summary follows. You communicate your enjoyment of the movie especially when Kylie fell off her seat.

    'I had the best time of my life!'
    is an effective sentence to finish off your post.

    Given Kylie in the cinema and yourself in McDonalds, I hope no chairs were hurt in the writing of this recount! (Joke!)

    With every good wish
    Merry Beau (Class Teacher) 2nd Class Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, you wrote a cool recount. Lots of us went to see that movie and really liked it. Megan's favourite character was Sandman. Please come and see our class blog www.roomrturaki.blogspot.co.nz

    Thank you again for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jamie
    Cool as story. You made me laugh when Kylie fell off her chair and when you tripped over the chair and the whole Shopping centre looked at you :) LOL
    Cant wait to see you at School, even though im looking at you right now :) :) :) :)

    Elizabeth
    Room 5
    Melville Int.School
    Hamilton
    New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jamie,
    This is a really good story!
    Bye!!!!!!!! :)

    Jamie
    Room 5
    Melville Intermediate
    Hamilton
    New Zealand

    ReplyDelete