Friday, May 29, 2009

Melville Intermediate - Rugby Vs. Tokoroa

Highlights from Tuesday 26th May at Memorial Park, Cambridge the Girls Open Grade Rugby Union game of Melville Intermediate (Green) vs. Tokoroa Intermediate (Red). Tokoroa ended up having an amazing tournament - they were the second alternative qualifiers for the Semi-Finals then defeated Morrinsville Intermediate to earn a place in the final against Peachgrove Intermediate. This game was to end in a 12 all draw when both conversions from either team bounced off the cross bar!

2 comments:

  1. Your rugby updates really interest me. Also I am interested in the concept of girls rugby, I cannot imagine American Women ever playing such a physical sport, very cool that NZ girls do.

    I really enjoy watching the sport and I have even played touch several times in college. Although I do not fully understand the sport, it's still interesting.....maybe some future instructional videos????

    Mr. McClung

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do have plans to do that, although its a matter of fitting it in as workload permits, but I do think it would go done well, and the Girls to tend to get very excited by the Rugby and really enjoy it. You'll have to move to New Zealand and play a bit!

    ReplyDelete