Thursday, September 5, 2013

Melville Intermediate - Cross Country Highlights

Today Melville Intermediate held their 2013 Cross Country race at school.  Both year groups competed in Boys/Girls races looking to win house points for our team competition.   The races were held at 9:00am and 10:00am and Room Five had the first highlights online by 11:00am.  This video was recorded by a number of Room Five students on Thursday 5th September 2013.  Edited by Bianca and Kristal from Room Five.
CrossCountry2013 from myles webb on Vimeo.

This is Harry from Room Five's recount about the School Cross Country.
It was the day of the Cross Country.  My legs were shaking like a dogs tail.   Mr Keegan blew the horn.  "Hang on, hang on - that was just a test".  "What?" I said.  Then the horn went for real everybody was pushing and nudging.  Someone pushed me over.  I got up and kept running then a few seconds later I stood on a giant thistle! Ouch! I stood in a spot picking the thistles out of my foot but I kept on running.    Suddendly I was approaching the giant Melville High School field, it was huge! As I was starting to get to the end I spewed in the bush but then I kept on running the last straight.  "Yus!" I said but someone was behind me so I sprinted my legs off then I crossed the finish line.   All the girls were squealing like babies, Katipa wrote my group down.   I was dissapointed in myself but after all that had happened I still finished the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment