Sunday, November 1, 2009

Melville Intermediate - Comments4Kids

As most of you know the one site that influences me the most and one of my strongest online contacts has come in the shape of Mr Chamberlain from Noel Elementary School in Missouri, USA. I cannot say enough positive things about his wonderful blog and he is a huge influence on me and the work that we do. One of his great innovations has been the creation of a series of posts with the tag or link of "Comments4Kids". It's a link to a series of posts from a variety of sites, as an example our Schools winning of the 2009 AIMS National Tournament in New Zealand feature on Comments4Kids and received 42 comments for a single post. Amazing.

Mr Chamberlain is an innovative, creative teacher who excels at what he does. If you are not following his blog you are missing out, and you should make an effort to subscribe to Comment4Kids if you are not already doing so.

You can also follow latest developments for this on Twitter by searching for 'comments4kids' or you can visit the Wiki for Comments for Kids by clicking on the link for it here.

3 comments:

  1. I find it ironic you cite me as an influence on your work when I feel exactly the same way about yours. My entire school is benefitting because of what you have taught me with your blog and with your willingness to share. I can directly link the comments4kids idea to the relationship I developed with you.

    Thank you very much for your inspiration and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you Mr Chamberlain is an inspiration. I was first impressed by how he is always leading the way on commenting on classroom blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Wm Chamberlain - thanks for the kind words.
    @ Mr Wood - he is and is a wonderful contact.

    ReplyDelete