As you know, were currently collaborating with Mr Piper's class in Milwakee, Wisconsin. There the class is studying Australia and New Zealand for Social Studies. We offerered to 'ask an expert' using our students as the experts, its been a great experience but what we didn't expect was that Mr Pipers students would ask us over 50 questions! We selected 10 that we thought we'd answer today, and we'll get to the others later this week! Here's some of our students answers to the first ten:
1. Have you seen a Kiwi bird before?
Vitolina: I know how they look, but I haven't seen one in my life. A real Kiwi lives in the forest and not near peoples houses. Molinda: No. Michael: Its nocturnal so no-one sees it much.
Nick: No. Nicole: No, I've never seen one in my life. Kaiya: No!
2. Have you ever seen a Rugby game before?
Vitolina: Of course! People in New Zealand like watching other teams vs. each other! Kaiya: Yes. Nicole: No. Nicholas: Yes. Michael: No. Molinda: No.
3. What is the Weather like?
Molinda: Cold, hot, sunny and windy. Michael - sometimes bad and good! Nicholas - Very sunny as we have just started spring. Nicole - its spring. Kaiya - Sunny. Mr Webb (Room 8 Teacher) - in New Zealand at the moment we're just started spring. The temperature would be in the high teens to low twenties at the moment, as were heading into Summer. It never gets cold enough to snow in Hamilton. even in Winter.
4. Do you play American Football?
Nicole: Yes we do. Kaiya: Not often. Vitolina: No. Nick: Not much. Michael: Only in clubs. Molinda: No. Mr Webb: Not really, there's three or four clubs in New Zealand in total but its not a popular sport.
5. Favourite Animals/Food/Counties/Sport: Molinda: KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Australia, Soccer, Runnig, America. Michael: Rotweiler Puppies. Nick: Animal-Cat, Food - Burger, Country - Spain, Sports - Soccer. Vitolina - my favourite country is Samoa, my favourite food is rice - pasta and chop suey. My favourite sport is Netball, Rugby and Volleyball. My favourite animals are dogs, rabbits, Koala and least is Kangaroo. Nicole: Animals - Bunny Rabbits, Hamster, Puppies. Counties - USA, Phillipines, NZ. Foods: Shrimp, Chicken, Ice Cream, Banana Cake, Crabs, Lobsters, Sports - Badminton, Swimming. NZ Foods - KFC, McDonalds. We will put part two online tomorrow!