- Ko Taupiri te Maunga – Taupiri is my Mountain.
- Ko Waikato te Awa - Waikato is my River.
- Ko Tainui te Waka - Tainui is my Waka (Canoe).
- Ko Waenga te Whanau - Waenga is my family.
- Ko Tammy Toku Mama - Tammy is my Mother.
- Ko Robin Toku Papa - Robin is my Father.
- Ko Hayze ahau - Hayze is my name.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Melville Intermediate - Maori Mihi Example
This video is Hayze's explanation of a Maori Mihi, followed by her Mihi. We have put the words in English and Maori on the screen as she says them so you can follow along. There are some key phrases that you need to be listening for in her Mihi - they are: